Tuesday 27 November 2007

Celtic Inspiration


Happily my new album with Hugh Burns, CELTIC INSPIRATION is finding its feet in the big wide world.

The prestigious New Age reviewer - CYGNUS REVIEW - has included a nice review in the December issue.

My local coffee shop - Mada Cafe - play this album all the time, which is a good sign I think. Its been interesting hearing this music in the context of a listener rather than creator. Made me aware of just how complex the arrangements are to make it end up sounding so simple.

This album took around 6 Months to make. Hugh brought a collection of his fantastic nylon strung guitars. As ever his playing is quite magnificent. Celtic Inspiration is my 5th in the 'New Age Ambient' genre. It also includes a vocal by the legendary Alan Tarney, writer of 'Its so funny how we don't talk anymore', 'Orchard Road' and producer of 'Take on Me' by Aha. Charlotte's all time favorite song.

Swavek Zaks amazing daughter, ZOE ZAK, all of 17, was booked for what I suspect was her first professional session, to sing arranged vocal parts on two tracks. A feat she accomplished with tremendous dexterity and artfulness. Well worth checking out I think.

You can preview tracks on CD BABY

Or go to my store and just buy a copy HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here.